Review of SimilarWeb: Insights to Help You Understand Digital Traffic
If you want to know how your competitors stack up against your website in terms of digital traffic, ad referrals, and organic reach, take a look at SimilarWeb.
It’s a tool that gives you the kinds of insights you get from those other services plus a whole lot more. These insights will help you challenge the competition.
In this SimilarWeb review, I’ll cover the platform’s features. Armed with that info, you’ll have a better understanding of what it can do for your business.
SimilarWeb Review: Digital Research
If you’re asking “How does SimilarWeb work?” the short answer is that it’s a market intelligence and audience research solution.
Here are the types of insights you’ll get from the platform:
- 360-degree Visibility – Examine market trends and audience behavior.
- Granularity – Review domain, sub-domain, and page-level insights.
- Real-time Data – Grab fresh data on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Best of all, you can access all of those insights from the SimilarWeb dashboard, an intuitive interface that will quickly get you the info you need.
As of now, SimilarWeb tracks data from:
- 100 million websites
- 7 million apps
- 210 industries
- 190 countries
- 1 billion search terms
- 235 million e-commerce product SKUs
- 10 billion content pages
It’s safe to say the data you’re searching for is probably there.
And when it comes to research in specific industries, here’s what you can expect SimilarWeb to deliver:
- Financial Services – Get insights into all the major financial institutions and payment providers.
- Retail – Discover how companies convert curious visitors into customers. Take a look at the most successful strategies.
- Travel – See bookings and conversions in more than 50 countries. Follow the performance of airlines, hotels, and more.
- Publishers and Media – Learn about the strategies that media companies use to grow their audiences. Find out which marketing channels send them the most traffic.
- Consultancies – Monitor traffic, engagement metrics, and audience behavior.
In this part of the SimilarWeb review, I’ll explain how the tool helps you grow your audience.
How does SimilarWeb work in that regard? It offers you a one-stop-shop for competitive intelligence.
But when it comes to digital marketing assistance, it gives you the same types of insights you’ll get from either one of those services:
- Competitive analysis – Learn about what works best for your competitors. Then, imitate those strategies to reel in more customers.
- Keyword research – Find the search terms that people in your target market use to get info online. Optimize your content for those keywords to build your customer base.
- Referral research – Learn about the websites your customers visit regularly. Reach out to webmasters in an effort to get backlinks.
- Ad research – Discover the paid strategies that competitors are using to build traffic. Imitate the campaigns that work best.
By the way, the SimilarWeb digital marketing tool offers valuable insights for every member of your marketing team, including marketing leaders, content marketers, affiliate marketers, media buyers, and performance marketers.
SimilarWeb Review: Ecommerce
Want to understand the customer journey for your business? If so, then have a look at SimilarWeb.
First of all, the tool gives you insights into consumer demand. It will show you monthly and daily product views, units sold, and revenue earned.
And it will give you that info at the product, brand, and category levels.
Next, SimilarWeb shows you the online browsing behaviors of people in your target market. That will give you insights about brand loyalty, cross-shopping, and customer retention.
And yes, you can even use the tool to optimize your Amazon search strategy. SimilarWeb will show you the best-performing keywords as well as branded and non-branded searches.
It also delivers insights regarding paid search and organic search.
In this part of the SimilarWeb review, I’ll explain how the tool helps investors make important decisions.
Yes, investors. It helps those folks just like it helps marketers.
Here’s how SimilarWeb benefits different types of investment groups:
- Hedge funds – Get digital performance insights about any publicly traded company.
- Private equity – Perform due diligence by learning about the online presence of potential acquisition targets. Monitor the progress of any company in the portfolio.
- Venture capital – Use better sources and find companies that are likely to offer a positive ROI.
- Investment banking – Gain insights into the entire digital landscape. Offer sound business advice to customers.
- Equity research – Get the info you’ll have trouble finding anywhere else.
And what specific types of insights does SimilarWeb offer to investors? Here’s one example about the impact of remote work on cloud adoption:
“Zoom’s flexible framework allowed it to outperform against competitors, even pre-COVID, where monthly unique visitors were 130% higher than WebEx. This flexibility during times of uncertainty allowed Zoom to grow even faster and as of August 2020 monthly unique visitors were 160% higher than WebEx.”
Do you think Zoom investors (or potential Zoom investors) could have used that kind of info a while back? I think so.
SimilarWeb offers data that helps you connect with the right companies at the right time.
According to the company website, the tool delivers:
- A 30% increase in sales opportunities
- A 10% increase in win rates
- a 150% increase in ROI
SimilarWeb currently tracks data from more than 30 million e-commerce sites, 40 million advertisers, and 50 million publishers.
Harvest that info to create the perfect sales pitch that’s sure to increase your chances of landing that next big deal.
Additionally, you can use SimilarWeb insights to focus on the “low-hanging fruit,” or companies that will more likely respond favorably to your marketing.
How much is SimilarWeb? You can get started with it for free.
However, if you want to sign on with the service, you’ll need to speak to a sales rep. The company doesn’t display pricing info online.
By the way, that usually means the service is expensive. But that makes sense because the kind of data I’ve covered here doesn’t come cheap.
Wrapping It Up
SimilarWeb is the Rolls Royce of digital marketing products. It delivers insights that will help you bring new products to market, grow your online presence, increase brand-name awareness, tackle your competitors head-on, and take your business to the next level.
The biggest hindrance for most small businesses will likely be the price. You’ll have to sit down with your accountant and make the call about whether or not it’s worth the investment.
In the meantime, feel free to sign on with the free service so you can get a better understanding of what SimilarWeb can do for your business.
Welcome To John Lincoln Marketing
Welcome to John Lincoln’s personal website. On this website, we offer courses by John Lincoln, review software, publish articles and videos. You can also learn about John Lincoln’s books, films, book him to speak and contact him. John is associated with many of this businesses mentioned on this website and freely discloses this information.
The right social media software can really change your life! I have used them all and am testing different options constantly. Mostly, I do this
When it comes to looking for landing page best practices, it can be a jungle out there. To help you meet your goals for the