Review of MonsterInsights: The Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress
Are you running a WordPress website and need to get a quick read on your analytics? If so, then take a look at MonsterInsights.
Simply put: MonsterInsights is a WordPress plugin that works with Google Analytics.
In this MonsterInsights review, I’ll go over the product’s features. I’ll also cover its pricing structure so you know how much you’ll need to spend to use it.
MonsterInsights Review: What Is Google Analytics?
Before I dig into product specifics in this MonsterInsights review, it might be helpful to explain Google Analytics.
If you’re unfamiliar with it, Google Analytics is a tool that gives you plenty of great insights about your web traffic.
It’s easy to use, too. You just sign up for GA and then grab a snippet of code that you place on your website.
Once that’s in place, you’ll have access to reports that include details about:
- Traffic sources
- Dwell time
- Behavior patterns
- Unique page visits
- Repeated page visits
And much more.
Plus, you can grab those kinds of insights for a specific time period. So, for example, if you’d like to know how many people visit a specific page during the month of July, you can get that data.
What Is MonsterInsights?
At first blush, MonsterInsights seems like the bridge between WordPress and Google Analytics.
And, in fact, that’s a great way to think about it.
With MonsterInsights, all you need to do is plug in your GA code (you can get it from the GA website) and you’re done.
Once you’ve configured the plugin, it will enable Google Analytics to start collecting those valuable insights that you really want to see.
MonsterInsights Review: Analytics Tracking
With MonsterInsights, you’ll get access to the following types of analytics:
- eCommerce Tracking – Gather insights from your WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, Lifter LMS, and MemberPress plugins.
- Legal Compliance – Ensure your website stays in compliance with prevailing regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, PECR, PIPEDA, and others.
- Outbound Link Tracking – Track outbound links so you know where your website sends users. You might find some opportunities for backlinks and partnerships.
- Affiliate Link Tracking – Use GA to learn more about how your affiliate links contribute to your top-line revenue. It’s a very handy feature if you use affiliate marketing to help monetize your site.
- Enhanced Link Attribution – Find out which call-to-action (CTA) buttons are getting the most clicks. You might uncover some button text that’s more likely to get conversions than others.
- File Download Tracking – Learn about which files are getting the most downloads. That will give you insight into what your audience is looking for.
- Scroll Tracking – Gain insights into visitors’ scrolling habits. Yes, Google Analytics tracks that. And you can enable scroll tracking with just a single click.
- Forms Tracking – Find out which of your lead forms are most likely to get conversions. Then, imitate the layout and verbiage on those forms when you create new forms.
- User ID Tracking – View info about users that login before browsing around on your site.
- Author Tracking – Learn about which authors on your site are the most valuable. Then you can give those authors more assignments and help them earn more money. Everybody wins.
- Post Type Tracking – See which post types get the most traffic so you can create similar posts.
- SEO Score Tracking – Integrate MonsterInsights with your Yoast SEO plugin (another must-have if you’re serious about digital marketing) so you can gain insights about your search traffic.
- Category and Tag Tracking – Understand which categories and tags reel in visitors.
- Telephone and Email Link Tracking – Tracking conversions from phone calls and emails just like you track conversions from web traffic.
- Custom Events Tracking – Set up and track custom events to give you even more powerful insights than you’d get from simple, out-of-the-box GA features.
And there are even more analytics-related features you’ll appreciate when you get the plugin.
MonsterInsights Custom Reports
Another cool feature of MonsterInsights: it lets you create custom reports that highlight data specific to your business model.
For starters, the tool gives you an Analytics Overview Report. That will show you the most important insights in an easy-to-follow UI.
Additionally, the tool includes a customizable dashboard widget that will give you instant access to key metrics. You’ll see that report when you log in to the WordPress admin console.
MonsterInsights also gives you page-specific analytics in the WordPress admin bar. That’s the bar you see at the top of the screen when you’re logged in to your site and viewing web pages.
The tool also gives you reports about:
- eCommerce transactions
- Audience demographics
- Popular posts
- Behavior patterns
- Google Search Console insights
- Site speed
And, as I mentioned above, you can see those metrics for a specific date range. You aren’t limited to predetermined time periods.
Here’s some welcome news: you can get MonsterInsights for a one-time fee.
For $99.50, you can get MonsterInsights and keep it all for yourself. You won’t have to pay anything ever again.
That license will only work for a single site, though. And you won’t have access to advanced reports or integrations.
If you’ve got more than one site you’d like to power up with MonsterInsights, you can get a five-site license for $199.50.
That will give you access to advanced reports and integrations.
If you’re running a digital marketing shop and need MonsterInsights for your clients, you can get a 25-site license for $399.50.
And that level of service will also get you premium support.
By the way: the product offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you don’t like it. You have to claim that refund within 14 days of purchase, though.
Wrapping It Up
Now you no longer have to ask, “What is MonsterInsights?”
But that’s plenty of time to evaluate the product.
So why not get the ball rolling with it today?
Welcome To John Lincoln Marketing
Welcome to John Lincoln’s personal website. On this website, we offer courses by John Lincoln, review software, publish articles and videos. You can also learn about John Lincoln’s books, films, book him to speak and contact him. John does not currently spend much time on this site. But he may one day.
Sprout Social optimizes your social strategy by streamlining your ability to post great content. It also highlights trends and analytics so you can take your