Each year brings something new to the marketing world, and with it, new marketing tools to try.
The problem? No busy marketer has time to test them all. Which is why I’ve compiled a list of all the best new tools, and why you should be using them.
Digital Marketing Tools for SEO
- Google Search Console
This one should come as a surprise to no one. Google Search Console has long been the go-to for all things search related, and thanks to recent updates, the Search Console is more effective than ever.
Thanks to features like the new Search Performance, marketers have access to more in-depth information about their site performs in search results such as how often your site appears, its average position, click through rate, etc.
This allows marketers to:
- Monitor how their search traffic changes over time, and what queries are most likely to show the site
- Improve mobile targeting by gaining insight into which queries are made on mobile
- See which pages have the highest and lowest click-through rates
DeepCrawl is another tool all marketers should familiarize themselves with. It focuses exclusively on crawling your site for on-page SEO recommendations and overall site health.
While it doesn’t offer a full range of services, it’s as good as it gets when it comes to site crawling, and a valuable addition to any SEOs toolkit.
- Digital Marketing Tools: Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog is another tool designed for site crawling. Using the SEO spider tool, Screaming Frog gathers information and reports on issues such as:
- Finding broken links
- Analysing and page titles and metadata
- Generating XML sitemaps
- Audit redirects
- Find duplicate content
- Review robots and directives
- Integrate with Google Analytics
SEMRush really shines in its comprehensive keyword capabilities. Through it, marketers can research the best keywords in their niche, which sites are ranking for which keywords, and look into the keywords their competitors are using
It also offers a full domain overview, backlink tracking, desktop and mobile breakdowns, keyword suggestions, and SEO recommendations.
For more information on SEMRush, check out my full review.
Majestic earns in a spot on the list thanks to its exclusive focus on backlinks.
As any SEO knows, acquiring and monitoring backlinks is crucial to success in search engine results, and Majestic delivers on that front.
Its features include:
- A backlink index dating back to 2011
- Metrics including Citation flow (number of backlinks) and Trust Flow (quality of backlinks)
- Backlink and domain comparison tools
- SEO browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox
- Majestic Million: a ranking of the top 1 million websites
- Its own “search engine” with transparent ranking factors
- Backlink and link building tools
While Majestic can’t be beat when it comes to backlinks, its best used with other SEO tools to get the most accurate picture of a site’s overall SEO.
- Digital Marketing Tools: SearchMetrics
SearchMetrics is a great overall SEO tool. It covers all the basics needed regarding rank tracking, keyword research, and backlink tools.
In addition, it offers data on PPC and advertising, social link tracking, competitor analysis, and mobile vs. desktop traffic.
Its entry tier is well-suited for small to medium sized businesses, though those at the enterprise level will benefit from some of its premium features and reporting tools.
BrightEdge is another all-in-one SEO tool, covering search, content, social, local, and mobile.
Some of its more impressive features include:
- Datacube – reveals which web page URLs and content types are winning the top spots on SERP for any keyword
- Page reporting – see how well your pages are ranking
- Intent signals – gives insight on how to improve your content based on organic competition
- Hyper Local – insight into local searches
- And much more
Digital Marketing Tools for Analytics and Conversions:
Sumo features a suite of tools for conversion rate optimization.
Some of its more impressive features include:
- Examine your existing content to see how it’s performing
- Capture leads immediately with a Welcome Mat
- Use heat maps for insight into what parts of your page users are clicking on
- Content analytics that reveals how much of your page visitors are reading
- Digital Marketing Tools: Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio (beta) turns your data into informative dashboards and reports that are easy to read, easy to share and fully customizable.
Part of the new Google Analytics 360 suite, Data Studio’s greatest strength is in its ability to visually present complex metrics and themes and pull all relevant data together into one report or dashboard.
Google Data Studio is:
- Fully dynamic. Any updates to included data sources will automatically show up in the report
- Shareable. You can give anyone permission to look at or edit the report
- Customizable. Start with a blank canvas, and drag and drop items where you want them.
- Unlimited. Add as many graphs, charts, and widgets as you’d like, from a variety of sources
- Google Optimize
Another offering from Google Analytics 360, Google Optimize tests different variations of your website.
Optimize allows advertisers to create and test variations of landing pages tied to their specific ad campaigns, and is fully integrated with Google Analytics.
It’s Google’s answer to A/B testing, and through it, SEOs and advertisers can test variations of their website and landing pages, while gaining access to more advanced targeting, conversion tracking, reporting, etc.
- Digital Marketing Tools: Google Audience Center
Google Audience Center 360 is a data management platform that collects and organizes all your data sources — enabling you to find, expand and reach your most valuable audiences with the right message at the right moment.
Using it, marketers can consolidate all data from Google Ads, Analytics, DoubleClick, etc. to simplify and monitor data consistently.
Beyond that, you’ll receive analytics on your audience composition and performance, the optimal timing and frequency for your ads, and specific location insights.
Digital Marketing Tools for Social Media:
HeyOrca’s aim is to simplify the content creation process to better create, schedule and publish social media updates.
It’s especially useful for presenting content t clients, and can help agencies plan more efficiently by providing context to your clients and receiving early feedback, all without the hassle of spreadsheets.
Additionally, marketers can assign each client their own content calendar and dedicated asset library and sort images, videos, and GIFs according to tags and themes, with unlimited storage and integration with Dropbox, Box and Google Drive.
Planoly is all about Instagram.
Using it, you can:
- Arrange the look of your Instagram feed with our DRAG & DROP feature
- Discover, curate and repost user-generated content from your community
- Schedule content and draft captions days, weeks or months in advance
- Track analytics to better understand your audience
- Manage and reply to comments in one place
- Collaborate and manage team members
Though it isn’t a standalone social media tool, it’s incredibly valuable to any business with an emphasis on Instagram.
- Digital Marketing Tools: Iconosquare
Iconosquare is one-stop shop for all your Facebook and Instagram analytics needs. Through it, you can:
- Understand and improve performance on key social metrics, from audience growth to engagement
- Manage conversations with ease: Track and moderate comments on all your latest posts across networks
- Plan ahead: Draft, schedule and preview your posts with our easy interface
Additionally, Iconosquare will let you know what kind of content and posts your audience likes best, discover when your audience is most active, review your gained and lost followers, and monitor your posts on a daily basis.
- Meet Edgar
MeetEdgar is another popular social media tool. What sets it apart is its ability to build an unlimited, categorized online library of social updates for your personal and business accounts. It schedules content by categories, and cycles through all the scheduled content for a given category before beginning to recycle old content to get new eyes on it.
MeetEdgar can also create updates for you using RSS feeds from your favorite sites
SocialDrift is another all-Instagram tool.
Using Artificial Intelligence, SocialDrift interacts with the optimal users in your target audience, on your behalf. It will target your users hashtags, location, username, etc. and then automate your account based on activities you’ve enabled.
- Digital Marketing Tools: CrowdFire
CrowdFire is designed to optimize your Twitter and Instagram accounts.
It’s an excellent tool for growing Twitter followers, and can help brands:
- Discover relevant content based on topics of interest
- Publish content from your website and blog
- Schedule your content in advance
- Tailor posts for each site
- Adobe Spark Post
Adobe Spark Post is a free online social media graphic design software that lets you add text, apply filters, resize, crop and rotate photos.
You choose the typography, imagery, and themes, and quickly create effective media to share on your social media channels.
Digital Marketing Tools for Paid Media:
- Datafeed Watch
Datafeed Watch is designed to optimize your data feeds and campaign performance on 1000+ eCommerce channels in 50 countries.
It allows marketers to review the performance of each product, and remove any unprofitable items. Additionally, they can list your products on Marketplaces and process orders in real time.
Optmyzr keeps tabs on your PPC campaigns.
Using Optmyzr, SEOs can better build and maintain AdWords campaigns, optimize existing campaigns, and create automated reports.
- Bid management
- Budget optimization
- Keyword research
- A/B tests
- Share strategies with your team
- Flexible scheduling
- Digital Marketing Tools: Callrail
Callrail works a little differently.
It’s designed for call tracking and analytics, and offers unique features like:
- Call attribution – track calls and keywords
- Call analytics – call recording, advanced reporting and conversion intelligence
- Call management – text messages, email notifications, and mobile apps
- Integrations – integrate with Google Analytics, AdWords, HubSpot, Marketo, Salesforce, etc.
For any business that deals in direct communication with customers, Callrail is well-worth a look.
Dialogtech is another one that deals directly with inbound calls and analytics.
Using machine-learning algorithms, Dialogtech “analyzes the full context of inbound calls, scoring conversations and uncovering insights to improve marketing and sales operations.”
DialogTech provides marketers call tracking, call attribution and insights to improve customer journey optimization, as well as voice analytics.
Moat is an analytics and measurement company that offers viewability, attention and brand safety solutions.
It covers data across multiple devices and platforms, including desktop, mobile, and video. It measures the amount of attention that viewers pay to ads, and generates heat maps based on what the viewer clicks on and pays the most attention to.
It uses more than 50 analytics, allowing Moat to go into great detail with each campaign and deliver as much information as possible to marketers.
Digital Marketing Tools for Amazon:
Prestozon is designed to optimize or automate your Amazon PPC ads.
Its many features include:
- Suggested bids: gives marketers recommendations on the most effective bid amounts
- Negative keyword suggestions: use their Negatives Wizard for custom suggestions, or search for your own
- Saves your bid history: Prestozon saves your bid history so you can easily identify the best budget for each keyword
- Keywords: Review each custom suggestion or automatically apply all
Using Amzpromoter allows marketers to build Amazon landing pages quickly. Landing pages for Amazon typically feature coupons or discounts in exchange for a viewer’s contact info.
The landing pages created in AMZPromoter are completely mobile friendly, require little design knowledge, and can be set up in minutes. When viewers enter their contact information, they will automatically be sent your coupon code along with any purchasing instructions.
Once an email is submitted, AMZPromoter captures the address to add to your email list.
Get Started With These New Digital Marketing Tools
No matter what part of the marketing spectrum you’re involved in, there’s a tool for you.
Any of the ones mentioned above will help optimize and automate your new or existing campaigns, and make your marketing efforts that much more successful.